Take Out Seppuku Relaunch

I'm almost half way through a year long challenge to write something every day.  I had originally hoped to write 50 poems and just get a bunch of journaling or ideas written down each day, but somehow I've managed to write a poem every single day of 2014.  Some days I've written 2. I'm currently over 180 poems.  I have filled a 1 inch binder with the printed results, and a couple weeks ago started my second 1 inch binder.

Telling you all this isn't to brag (well maybe a little, I mean that's a lot of poems), but instead it's intended to inspire you to write too. You can't call yourself a poet or a writer if you aren't writing.  I'm also relaunching the blog because I have found myself hunting for ideas and inspiration all over the internet and in my own life while forcing myself to write a poem every day, so I wanted to share some of the amazing prompts I've come across.  And I'm sure, next year, I'll be posting about rewriting and editing as I slog through the quantity-not-quality stacks of poems I've created.

So here I am officially relaunching this neglected blog to help inspire and motivate you all in your own writing projects, no matter how much you write--the important thing is to do it.

Comments